Crostini with Local Chevre
Drizzle of Theros Olive Oil
1 loaf City Bakery French Baguette, sliced
1 tablespoon Three Graces Dairy Goat Cheese
1. Drizzle Theros Olive Oil over sliced baguettes.
2. Toast slices until slightly browned and crispy.
3. Set aside, make jam (recipe below).
4. Spread 1 tablespoon (+/-) Three Graces Goat Cheese to cover crostini.
5. Top with 1 tablespoon bacon jam
Bacon Jam Recipe
1-1/2 pounds sliced bacon, cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
2 cups finely chopped shallots (from 3 large or 8 small)
4 small garlic cloves, chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon group mustard
1/2 cup bourbon
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup sherry vinegar
1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
1. Spread half of bacon in a single layer in a large skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until browned, 20 to 23 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Remove fat; clean pan. Repeat with remaining bacon, reserving browned bits and 1 tablespoon fat in pan.
2. Add shallots and garlic to pan and cook over medium heat, stirring, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add chili powder, ginger, and mustard and cook, stirring 1 minute. Increase heat to high; add bourbon and maple syrup. Bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits. Add vinegar and brown sugar and return to a boil. Add reserved bacon; reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid reduces to a thick glaze, about 10 minutes.
3. Transfer mixture to a food processor and pulse until it has the consistency of a chunky jam. Refrigerate in an airtight container at least 1 hour and up to 4 weeks.