Pastry baking and cake decorating can be hard work, but our rock star Pastry Chef, Delia, makes it look easy as pie (pun intended). Say "hello," and let us introduce you to her...
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I've lived in asheville for about 5 years now. My boyfriend and I decided to move here and build a new life after we lost everything in a fire. It was the best decision we ever made.
2. What inspired you to become a Pastry Chef?
I've worked in all areas of the kitchen since I was a teenager, and it was something I kind of just fell into and really enjoyed.
3. How long have you worked at City Bakery?
This month will make it four years.
4. What is your favorite thing about working at City Bakery?
My favorite thing about working at City Bakery (besides decorating cakes) is that I get to work with a group of strong, like minded ladies every day! It makes coming to work that much more enjoyable.
5. What is your absolute favorite CB item to make? And, of course, to eat?
Decorating cakes of course! And it's hard to pick just one thing. I LOVE when lent rolls around because hot cross buns! And I have never turned down a cream cheese brownie. Or the blueberry pie. Or a cinnamon roll....
6. Your “must-eat” place to dine in Asheville?
Once again, how can I choose just one?? I would say 9 mile. Or Limones. Or Buxton Hall.
7. Favorite thing to do when you aren’t decorating beautiful cakes?
Sleeping. And watching animal fail videos.